Bungalow Makeover

Previous remodels seen in the flooring infills seem to add to the charm and character and the home’s history becomes apparent with close inspection.

Built-up door and window headers (entablature), crown and high base moldings further enhance the home’s less-than-humble appeal. Over the years of remodels, many of the second floor moldings had been abandoned so they were all recreated to help restore the home’s feel and integrity.

New solid core, 2 panel doors keep with the original design as do the replacement 6-over-1 windows.

Mr. & Mrs. Tucker

Donald Tucker and his wife today touring his childhood home now revived.

​Built, we believe in the mid 1920s and owned early on by Captain Claude S. Tucker, the house is mentioned briefly in the book, “The Last of the Fairhaven Coasters: The Story of Captain Claude S. Tucker and the Schooner Coral” stating that “the house no longer stands”. Actually the house does still stand albeit in a location other than its original address of 84 Main St. Captain Tucker’s son Donald, who co-wrote the book, was born in the house in 1932 and recalls viewing the transport of the halved house down route 6 from a window of Fairhaven High School in 1948. ​Being in the rear parking lot of Park Garage, the house was relocated to allow the business to expand. Click the photos below to learn more about this home.

Bungalow Makeover

Previous remodels seen in the flooring infills seem to add to the charm and character and the home’s history becomes apparent with close inspection.

Built-up door and window headers (entablature), crown and high base moldings further enhance the home’s less-than-humble appeal. Over the years of remodels, many of the second floor moldings had been abandoned so they were all recreated to help restore the home’s feel and integrity. New solid core, 2 panel doors keep with the original design as do the replacement 6-over-1 windows.

Mr. & Mrs. Tucker

Donald Tucker and his wife today touring his childhood home now revived.

​Built, we believe in the mid 1920s and owned early on by Captain Claude S. Tucker, the house is mentioned briefly in the book, “The Last of the Fairhaven Coasters: The Story of Captain Claude S. Tucker and the Schooner Coral” stating that “the house no longer stands”. Actually the house does still stand albeit in a location other than its original address of 84 Main St. Captain Tucker’s son Donald, who co-wrote the book, was born in the house in 1932 and recalls viewing the transport of the halved house down route 6 from a window of Fairhaven High School in 1948. ​

Being in the rear parking lot of Park Garage, the house was relocated to allow the business to expand. Many renovations occurred over the years but the floors remained a key feature. Mostly fir and some oak and pine, deep herringbone corners and diamond design inlays catch the eye as soon as you enter the home. Click the photos below to learn more about this home.

bungalow_makeover_front_house

Bungalow Makeover

Previous remodels seen in the flooring infills seem to add to the charm and character and the home’s history becomes apparent with close inspection.

Built-up door and window headers (entablature), crown and high base moldings further enhance the home’s less-than-humble appeal. Over the years of remodels, many of the second floor moldings had been abandoned so they were all recreated to help restore the home’s feel and integrity. New solid core, 2 panel doors keep with the original design as do the replacement 6-over-1 windows.

Bungalow Remodel

Previous remodels seen in the flooring infills seem to add to the charm and character and the home’s history becomes apparent with close inspection.

Built-up door and window headers (entablature), crown and high base moldings further enhance the home’s less-than-humble appeal. Over the years of remodels, many of the second floor moldings had been abandoned so they were all recreated to help restore the home’s feel and integrity. New solid core, 2 panel doors keep with the original design as do the replacement 6-over-1 windows.

mr_mrs_tucker

Mr. & Mrs. Tucker

Donald Tucker and his wife today touring his childhood home now revived.

​Built, we believe in the mid 1920s and owned early on by Captain Claude S. Tucker, the house is mentioned briefly in the book, “The Last of the Fairhaven Coasters: The Story of Captain Claude S. Tucker and the Schooner Coral” stating that “the house no longer stands”. Actually the house does still stand albeit in a location other than its original address of 84 Main St. Captain Tucker’s son Donald, who co-wrote the book, was born in the house in 1932 and recalls viewing the transport of the halved house down route 6 from a window of Fairhaven High School in 1948. 

​Being in the rear parking lot of Park Garage, the house was relocated to allow the business to expand. Many renovations occurred over the years but the floors remained a key feature. Mostly fir and some oak and pine, deep herringbone corners and diamond design inlays catch the eye as soon as you enter the home. Click the photos below to learn more about this home.

Mr. & Mrs. Tucker

Donald Tucker and his wife today touring his childhood home now revived.

​Built, we believe in the mid 1920s and owned early on by Captain Claude S. Tucker, the house is mentioned briefly in the book, “The Last of the Fairhaven Coasters: The Story of Captain Claude S. Tucker and the Schooner Coral” stating that “the house no longer stands”. Actually the house does still stand albeit in a location other than its original address of 84 Main St. Captain Tucker’s son Donald, who co-wrote the book, was born in the house in 1932 and recalls viewing the transport of the halved house down route 6 from a window of Fairhaven High School in 1948. 

​Being in the rear parking lot of Park Garage, the house was relocated to allow the business to expand. Many renovations occurred over the years but the floors remained a key feature. Mostly fir and some oak and pine, deep herringbone corners and diamond design inlays catch the eye as soon as you enter the home. Click the photos below to learn more about this home.

Click for descriptions

Click for descriptions

Click for descriptions

Click for descriptions

2 replies

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

  1. […] Mr. & Mrs. Tucker.” For more photos and information, visit their Facebook page and the CT Properties Southcoast website. Many thanks to them for sharing it with […]

  2. […] Mr. & Mrs. Tucker.” For more photos and information, visit their Facebook page and the CT Properties Southcoast website. Many thanks to them for sharing it with us! […]

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

2 replies

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

  1. […] Mr. & Mrs. Tucker.” For more photos and information, visit their Facebook page and the CT Properties Southcoast website. Many thanks to them for sharing it with […]

  2. […] Mr. & Mrs. Tucker.” For more photos and information, visit their Facebook page and the CT Properties Southcoast website. Many thanks to them for sharing it with us! […]

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

2 replies

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

  1. […] Mr. & Mrs. Tucker.” For more photos and information, visit their Facebook page and the CT Properties Southcoast website. Many thanks to them for sharing it with […]

  2. […] Mr. & Mrs. Tucker.” For more photos and information, visit their Facebook page and the CT Properties Southcoast website. Many thanks to them for sharing it with us! […]

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *