Built, we believe in the mid 1920s and owned early on by Captain Claude S. Tucker, the house is mentioned
briefly in the book, “The Last of the Fairhaven Coasters: The Story of Captain Claude S. Tucker and the
Schooner Coral” stating that “the house no longer stands”.
Actually the house does still stand albeit in a location other than its original address of 84 Main St. Captain
Tucker’s son Donald, who co-wrote the book, was born in the house in 1932 and recalls viewing the transport
of the halved house down route 6 from a window of Fairhaven High School in 1948. Being in the rear parking
lot of Park Garage, the house was relocated to allow the business to expand. Click the photos below to learn
more about this home.